Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to move existing forum (from current hosting), vBulletin 3 to VbCloud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to move existing forum (from current hosting), vBulletin 3 to VbCloud?

Hello,

I have a forum running vBulletin version 3. The forum hasn’t been really active in a while, but I would like to update it and move it to vBCloud.

Currently, my forum is hosted at HostGator, and I’m certainly not a web developer or pro at this. So can vBulletin do the move/install for me? (I can provide my FTP access to my hosting account to facilitate everything.). And if so, what is the cost? Where/how do I begin? Who do I message?

Also, after the move is made, can I use a custom domain name?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Said

Once you've purchase a vBulletin Cloud package that includes migration (either a migration package or any annual package), we'll send you an email asking for some files made from your current setup. These can be created in HostGator's cPanel implementation. You'll upload those files to your favorite file sharing site or make them available via SFTP on your HostGator server. We will download the files and transfer them to our servers. Once that is done the migration will be completed.

You can choose a custom domain name when you purchase your vBulletin Cloud package. You can use an existing domain name that you control or purchase a new one during the signup process.

Annual plans for vBulletin Cloud start at $179.95. If you choose monthly and purchase the migration package, the package is an addition $119.70 one-time at purchase. Purchasing an annual plan is the better deal.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hello,

Thank you! I purchased a vBulletin Cloud package, and I received email confirmation of my purchase. But with regards to starting the migration, how long does it take before I am contacted?

Also, as prompted at check out, I added a admin name (Said); but for I can I use my old admin name (Sa'id) instead?

Best Regards,

Said

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X