Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few pre-sales questions

A]
    When I buy a license for how long do I get support and/or updates?

B]
    Is there an option to increase the font size with a simple button when reading a post?
    I know that for example on a phone I can pinch zoom, but then I've to scroll horizontally.
    So I want the fonts bigger and reflow the text.
    Took me a while to find an example but here it is :-) https://gezondheidscentrumreigersbos...fo.nl/english/
    Just repeatingly click on the largest or smallest letter A at the top right of the screen.

C]
    Does the forum offer a chat option?
    I'm looking for something that supports:
    - Public group chats.
    - Private group chats.
    - Private one-on-one chat

D]
    Is there a centralized place where I can find things like: themes, icons, smilies, add-ons, etc?

Comment

A - Each license comes with 30 days of ticket support and unlimited forum support. You get updates for the life of the software. If you purchase a vBulletin Cloud Silver or Gold account, you have access to ticket support as long as the account is valid.

B - All desktop browsers can be used to ZOOM content on a page. On a Windows machine this is CTRL-+ (numpad). Some mobile browsers provide the similar functionality. There is nothing in the interface for this purpose. Fonts on mobile devices appear larger by default. The site administrator can also adjust the default font size in the system configuration.

C - The forum offers vBulletin Messenger which can be used for private one-on-one chats and private group chats. There is no public chat option.

D - The software ships with a number of themes. You can find some additional themes and addons over at www.vbulletin.org. There is no centralized place to find smilie graphics. You'd have to search the web. A newly installed copy of vBulletin 5.6.X will support Unicode Emoji. These are the Emoji/Smilie Icons used by mobile devices and platforms like Facebook.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

A] How is 'life of the software' defined? Is that just v5.x.x? Or also v6, 7, etc? Not talking about the cloud version.

C] Is that "Private Message"?
        Last edited by Vrax; Fri 23 Oct '20, 3:44am.

Comment

A) Free upgrades are only for 5.x.x. As far as I am aware no work has begun on a VB 6.x nor do we know if/when it will happen.

C) It uses the "private message" system but it has an interface more like an "instant messenger" and doesn't require the user to browse to a specific area of the forum to view or reply to such messages.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X