Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is possible to share the forum contents with another forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is possible to share the forum contents with another forum?

Lets just say VBForums(www.vbforums.com) is my main website/forum, and I'm making a new second website/forum called VBForumsPlus(www.vbforumsplus.com). [Just to use it as an examples]

VBForums have 9 different sections(Visual Basic, .NET and More, General, etc) and there are 67 main topics under 9 different sections. (15+8+10+8+12+5+3+3+3)

Would it be possible to share some of the forum contents(i.e. some sections) from my main site with my second site?
    e.g. Is it possible to share 3 existing sections(Projects, Jobs, Community) from my main site with my new second site?

So my new site will already feature 3 sections(Projects, Jobs, Community) with all the topics and posts from my main site, and if I create a new thread on the Project section of VBForumsPlus then it will also get posted on the Projects section of VBForums.

Is this possible at all? If yes, would it be possible to share all the members from both sites?
    Last edited by Gintama6888; Mon 28 Sep '20, 2:34am.

Hello,

The best you could do would be to take a database backup of the original site, use it as the database for the new site (update the URL and any other details you need to) then delete the forums and other content you DON'T want to keep.

Your users will be there as well but the users cannot be shared between multiple forums. Each user account at each forum will be separate once the database copy is made. Future users will need to join both forums separately and changes made on one account will not affect the other forum, There is no way to share users between forums.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X