Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The default homepage is separate from showing any content except we show a forum list by default because most people are used to that. If you want your articles showing as the root of your site, you would load the Articles page, click "Edit Site" and set the page as the Homepage while saving. Then you can edit a couple of navigation tabs and you're done.

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    Thanks Wayne for the quick response! The CMS is currently my site root - you mentioned uploading to a folder - will this upgrade process maintain the CMS showing as www.sitename.com? I wouldn't want to to be www.sitename.com/CMS for example..

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1. You can limit attachments per usergroup and per channel.

2. vBulletin 5 supports the same paid subscription system that vBulletin 4 had. You would use these to change the user's usergroup. Permissions are controlled by usergroups.

3. All content data is going to be imported except the calendar events. This includes vBulletin 4.X CMS content. While vBulletin 5 in its entirety is a CMS, the section you're looking for is Articles. We use this on this site.

4. Providing your database is in a good shape then it is upload the vBulletin 5 files into a folder, update the /core/includes/config.php file and then running upgrade.php. https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...lletin-connect

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    started a topic Pre-Upgrade Questions

Pre-Upgrade Questions

I am currently setting up my site with an old VB4 license I had but I have hit a stumbling block or two, and I am wondering if upgrading to 5.x will solve the issues.

1. I wish to limit attachments per Usergroup (not by only by size but by number) Example - Registered User, 1 attachment per post. Bronze Usergroup, 5 attachments per post. Silver Usergroup, 7 attachments per post, etc. Is this possible?

2. Subscriptions - are paid subscriptions part of the 5.x package, and can subscriptions be used JUST to upgrade Usergroup levels? My site will be classified ad based, with the incentive to subscribe being more images per post. I will not have "exclusive" forums for subscribers.

3. CMS - I have set up the CMS with 4.2.5, will a V5.x upgrade pick up on that/convert the look? I've been trying to find a 5.x site running CMS - anyone have a link?

4. Lastly, how difficult is the upgrade from 4.25 to 5.x? I suppose that's been beat to death here I can probably look that one up.

Thanks in advance!