Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    vBulletin 5 Styles with style variable and css_additional.css changes only should be migrated.

Leave a comment:

• Zeefje
    replied
    Cool. Good to hear.

And the styles I made, all stylevars and addtional.css will be migrated, just not the changes in the templates?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1. The migration is included with the purchase of an annual contract. If you wish to be billed month-to-month, there is an additional fee for a migration.
    2. This won't hinder the migration.
    3. We need a copy of the database. If you have attachments or avatars stored in the file system, we need backups of those directories. If you have uploaded additional smilie images, we will need a copy of the /core/images/smilies directory.
    4. It is possible. vBulletin Cloud has its own file manager view the AdminCP. You can do the same thing with an Ad module displaying Javascript. Or you can use a third party ad management system and place its Javascript/HTML code in an Ad module for the same effect.

Leave a comment:

• Zeefje
    started a topic Migrate from vb 5 connect to vb cloud

Migrate from vb 5 connect to vb cloud

Hi team,

For the last few years we have run vb 5 connect. I did the day to day maintenance and the husband of the owner ran the server.

With the found security breach last week we have been hacked, and so we are currently offline.

We are consindering to move to vb cloud but have a couple of questions.

1. Is the migration of the current forum to the cloud included in the price?
    2. We ran (i think) 2 mods from vb rocks, and made a few changes to templates. We understand that these won't be able on vb cloud, but does this hinder the migration? 3. What exactly do you need for the migratio? Is a copy of the database enough? Or do you need more?
    4. We had advertisements in the sidebar. We had a php module that called to a .php file on the server wich showed randomized images of our advertisers. Is something like this still possible with vb cloud?

Thank you in advance