This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Hosting

We have partnered with Perfect Presence Inc, a web hosting company with over 4 years of experience in the industry, to bring you an optimized hosting solution for your vBulletin community. The new service, vBulletinHosting.com, is a web hosting solution specifically tailored to the needs of the vBulletin software.

We have been working closely with the vBulletinHosting.com team to set up their unique service, and we will continue to work with them in the future to ensure that they provide the best service for your vBulletin board. By hosting your boards with them, you can expect a higher level of performance from your board at a lower cost.

We are particularly excited about their ASP service, as it will provide a low cost all-in-one community solution - no need to worry about purchasing a license and hosting separately! If you are nervous about making the switch, then do not worry as they have a team of experts ready to help you every step of the way, including the technicalities of getting your data transferred. And with prices starting from as low as $9.95 per month, this must be worth a second look! They will also offer you a 30-day unconditional money back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.

I'm not sure what advantage that you're refering to here.

I'm already a subscriber to vBulletinHosting.com and I'm considering getting vBulletin very soon. Is this to say that I would have gotten it cheaper had I subscribed to their hosting AND purchased the program??

As far as I can see, their only real advantage is that they provide a "host friendly" for the vBulletin program and can use the MySQL. Other than that, I don't see the advantage unless they provide a service that I'm not seeing.

I'd be VERY interested in reading a response to this.

Comment

Originally posted by w5blt
      I'm not sure what advantage that you're refering to here.

I'm already a subscriber to vBulletinHosting.com and I'm considering getting vBulletin very soon. Is this to say that I would have gotten it cheaper had I subscribed to their hosting AND purchased the program??

As far as I can see, their only real advantage is that they provide a "host friendly" for the vBulletin program and can use the MySQL. Other than that, I don't see the advantage unless they provide a service that I'm not seeing.

I'd be VERY interested in reading a response to this.
      vBulletinhosting.com's advantage is the vB ASP service in providing a vB hosting solution which doesn't require the vB user to purchase a license - http://www.vbulletinhosting.com/host_asp.php.

The other service is just normal vBulletinhosting.com service like other hosts - http://www.vbulletinhosting.com/host_service.php.
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

With this hosting I don't have to purchase a license?

10 bucks a month for hosting and vbulletin? Sounds like a great deal.

Comment

Re: vBulletin Hosting

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
          We have been working closely with the vBulletinHosting.com team to set up their unique service, and we will continue to work with them in the future to ensure that they provide the best service for your vBulletin board. By hosting your boards with them, you can expect a higher level of performance from your board at a lower cost.

We are particularly excited about their ASP service, as it will provide a low cost all-in-one community solution - no need to worry about purchasing a license and hosting separately! If you are nervous about making the switch, then do not worry as they have a team of experts ready to help you every step of the way, including the technicalities of getting your data transferred. And with prices starting from as low as $9.95 per month, this must be worth a second look! They will also offer you a 30-day unconditional money back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
          Better work a little closer with these guys because I signed up for this service after reading your post and I don't think they are ready.

1. No email confirmation. Said I would here back within 24 hours of signing up online. At 26 hours I sent an email inquiry. Finally received hosting info at almost 40 hours.

2. They were propmt in removing the install file.

3. I paid for domain name registration. Well, it still isnt registered!!! www.detailcity.com

4. It has been 4 days since I signed up. Domain name isnt up yet, people cant register when they are on the forum, heck I've been given an error code half the time when trying to access my control panel.

I'm considering asking for a refund. I could live with this if they told me they would need a few weeks to work out the bugs. My pet peeve is when I'm promised to be up and running within 24 hours and keep getting errors.

Comment

UPDATE! THIS SUCKS!

still don't have forum up. not responding to my emails, heck right now www.vbulletinhosting.com isn't even working.

Not impressed

Comment

i dont beleive this is a good deal at all im afraid, I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole, Vbulletin should stick to making great boards

Comment

Maybe the thread should be deleted
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

at the present time they do not accept any new clients..go figure..

Comment

Here are other threads that give more info on the situation...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=51520

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...7&pagenumber=5

Comment

vBulletin Hosting is now out of business. We are evaluating other options at this point.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X