Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe D.
    replied
    There is no chatbox I am aware of that will work with VB Cloud. There are 3rd party javascript applets out there that may substitute for donation bars or chat boxes but they will be limited with no way to tie into existing forum usernames or accounts.
    Most recent posts/topics is achievable via existing modules in the software.
    The site can still be significantly customized using CSS but it is not as simple as buying a per-made 3rd party style for vB Cloud. You need someone with knowledge of VB, HTML, and CSS to be able to customize the styling and keep it updated between version upgrades, generally every month or two. On VB Cloud upgrades will be done on a regular schedule, you will get a few days notice but they cannot be skipped or delayed.

We have no way to import from any non-VB software.

If you have a working VB4 backup file then we should be able to use it as if you were importing an existing site- depending on how your forum was set you may or may not have avatars or file attachments in the backup file.

But truthfully if an integrated chatbox and other features are absolute requirements you may not want to use VB Cloud.

There is no free trial of cloud that could be setup first, unfortunately. We have the one week free trial but we cannot import your VB4 site into that. The importation of a VB4 site would require a commitment beyond the trial or single month cloud purchase.

Leave a comment:

• Jabbajaws77
    started a topic Cloud VS Self Hosted

Cloud VS Self Hosted

Hey Team

I am looking at coming back to VB for my gaming community and am trying to figure which option is best.

Looking at Cloud I love the idea that its always updated without me having to do anything to manage it but I am not 100% sure if I need the missing features:

No FTP
    No template modifications
    No 3rd party addons

We host a gaming community that really requires as main features:

Website personalization, styling layout etc
    Chat box
    Donations or subscriptions bar
    Top 10 posters, New posts or similar
    TS/Discord and Game sidebar widgets

So Questions, if I may

1. Will the cloud features be a roadblock to our requirements?

2. We are already running a board on phpbb is it possible to set up cloud on a temp domain (the one you offer) and once all set up cut it over to our actual domain so it limits downtime for our members?

3. We were previously using VB version 4 but no longer have access to that license (Due to cost restrictions, we, in the meantime tried phpbb), we have a back up of the database is it possible to import all users as default users using the username and email addresses (random passwords) so all we need to do is start configuring access permissions etc and have them reset their passwords?

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated to get us headed in the right direction, I regret not moving straight back to VB but financially had no other option at the time but its time to come back to this great platform mes thinks

Regards

Jabbajaws77

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X