Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud VS Self Hosted

Hey Team

I am looking at coming back to VB for my gaming community and am trying to figure which option is best.

Looking at Cloud I love the idea that its always updated without me having to do anything to manage it but I am not 100% sure if I need the missing features:

No FTP
    No template modifications
    No 3rd party addons

We host a gaming community that really requires as main features:

Website personalization, styling layout etc
    Chat box
    Donations or subscriptions bar
    Top 10 posters, New posts or similar
    TS/Discord and Game sidebar widgets

So Questions, if I may

1. Will the cloud features be a roadblock to our requirements?

2. We are already running a board on phpbb is it possible to set up cloud on a temp domain (the one you offer) and once all set up cut it over to our actual domain so it limits downtime for our members?

3. We were previously using VB version 4 but no longer have access to that license (Due to cost restrictions, we, in the meantime tried phpbb), we have a back up of the database is it possible to import all users as default users using the username and email addresses (random passwords) so all we need to do is start configuring access permissions etc and have them reset their passwords?

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated to get us headed in the right direction, I regret not moving straight back to VB but financially had no other option at the time but its time to come back to this great platform mes thinks

Regards

Jabbajaws77

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X