Looking for a host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a host

I run a very small, low traffic vBulletin forum. It is simple. 20 members, no e-commerce, no blogs. Just a private forum where some jpgs and mp3's are posted three or four times a week.

I'm not a dev/programmer, so the host I seek will have to offer tech support for any vBulletin forum problems encountered. I'm not looking for cheap, just a situation where if I describe a problem, tech support can identify the cause and ideally, make the necessary changes. I am willing to pay for someone to handle problems, which in all likelihood would be pretty simple given the nature of the forum.

Can I find such a host here? Also, would vBulletin Cloud be a better choice than the 4.2.2 in regards to the kind of support I'm seeking?

Thank you.

Hello,

Please confirm you are a license holder by going to the Member's Area at https://members.vbulletin.com and click on the link for Priority Forum Support. Add the email address you used to register for this forum to your list of email addresses available for support and wait one hour.

After that you will be able to access support and other (non-presale) forums.

Questions for hosting are best asked in our vBulletin Hosting Options forum.

vBCloud we will install, upgrade, and generally keep your server running but day to day things like styling, forum moderation, appointing moderators and the like are still your responsibility. As add-ons are not allowed on vBCloud there generally wouldn't be any need for custom coding with Cloud.

Also be aware moving to cloud will upgrade your site from VB 4.x to VB 5.x.

Comment

vBulletin 4.2.2 is no longer supported and will not run on current secure servers. vBulletin 4.25 is the only version that receives technical support in the 4.X series. However, this version is end of life. It will not receive further upgrades and will have problems on servers that are the most up to date with their software.

The Bronze Package of vBulletin Cloud would fit your needs and we can migrate your existing data into a vBulletin Cloud site. vBulletin Cloud sites will always run the latest version of vBulletin 5 Connect. This has a number of features to make customizing your site easier.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X