Clear All

• Manager87
    replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    vBulletin Cloud

You cannot manage, edit, or delete the default HTML/Javascript/CSS on vBulletin Cloud. The most you can do is add a Static HTML Module or Ad Module to your page in Site Builder to add additional code blocks. You can add your custom CSS under Style -> CSS Editor within Site Builder.

vBulletin Connect (Download)

It is recommended to continue using the Modules within Site Builder. However, you do have access to the template system.

On the download version the default Javascript shouldn't be edited. This is shipped in a compressed format and uncompressing it will compromise the performance. In addition to this, modifying the Javascript will most likely break functionality in the web client. We recommend that the default HTML and CSS is not edited. If you do edit this, those changes may break on upgrade as we fix issues and/or refactor how things are handled. Instead the system has a series of "Template Hooks". Template Hooks allow you to place custom templates at specific locations on the page. Custom templates are created under Styles -> Style Manager. Select "Add Template" from the drop down menu for your specific style.

You can see these locations on your site when their locations are turned on in the AdminCP by going to "Settings -> Options -> Products/Hooks System. Set Show Hook Links to one of the options to make them visible. Then you will see the hooks on the front-end of the site. Clicking on a hook link will take you the AdminCP to create the template hook.
    Image of template hook locations
    Example of Template Hook Locations.

Leave a comment:

• Manager87
    started a topic Javascript and CSS

Javascript and CSS

Hi, i want to know how to add/delete javascript and CSS codes into my vBulletin forum 5.6.0. I cant see any options to modify the internal code. Is it possible or not?

Thanks!