Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need solution for hosting an disabled forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need solution for hosting an disabled forum.

Hello,

I have a Vbulletin forum that is currently disabled and I need to keep it around for reference for a few years. It's currently hosted internally but I'd like to find away to move this off prem and have someone else keep an eye on it. It doesn't need to be moderated or anything as it needs to be fully disabled, just searchable. What do I need to look for with something like this?

Any hosting provider or even vBulletin Cloud should be able to handle this. All you would need to do is turn off registration and permissions to post on the site.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you Wanye!

Comment

The idea's Wayne is a good way but you should not turn off your forum, just open it but put all your posts under moderation, you only approve good posts/members, that will help your forum grow without spams.
        Web Hosting Forum - Learn web hosting and offering your web hosting plans for free!
        Tranh phong cảnh, tranh nghệ thuật đẹp, bếp từ nhập khẩu chất lượng cao!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattwhf View Post
          The idea's Wayne is a good way but you should not turn off your forum, just open it but put all your posts under moderation, you only approve good posts/members, that will help your forum grow without spams.
          I did not say to turn off the forum. I said "turn off registration" and prevent posting with permissions. This is very different from turning off the forum.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X