Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for advice for running Online Trading Business(inc vBulletin)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for advice for running Online Trading Business(inc vBulletin)

Hello, I'm new here and I have few questions.
    1. vBulletin Pricing: https://www.vbulletin.com/purchases/
    - According to Purchase page vBulletin 5 Connect is US$249 and vBulletin 5 Connect + Mobile Suite Bundle is US$399, are these once off purchase price? i.e. Can use it for next 10+ years on my website?
    - Is it necessary to pay additional US$150 for Mobile Suite Bundle? I think maybe 20%-30% of my forum members will use the forum using mobile phone in regular bases, but I thought any standard website or forum etc worked/viewed fine on mobile phone?
    - Do you think vBulletin forum would be suitable for my online trading website? I haven't actually started it yet, but I'm hoping to build furniture trading website in Australia(more details below).

Thank you for your time.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

I want to start up my own online business/website in Australia to buy&sell used furniture because I have interest and experience dealing with furniture and I also have a friend who runs a small used furniture outlet.
    So I'm thinking of making a website called "[REMOVED]" etc, and anyone can also buy&sell their unwanted used furniture.

Not sure if it's the best idea, but I want to have the website in form of discussion board, i.e. similar to this vBulletin Forum.
    Therefore everyone can easily browse, buy&sell once they are registered to my website/forum.

There are already similar websites in Australia such as eBay, Amazon, Gumtree etc, but my website will only deal with used furniture and hopefully more user-friendly due to use of the discussion board layout.

I know you buy cheap new furniture easily from Ikea etc, but I still believe such website can be successful if I work very hard because used are much cheaper than Ikea, I often see people throwing out unwanted old furniture on the streets, and I can also help my friend's small used furniture outlet.. and also hopefully get some sponsor(Ikea, Officeworks etc) if the site becomes popular.

Do you think my small business idea can be successful if I work hard for it?
    Do I need to get any legal advice regarding to forum rules, fraud etc? i.e.
    - I want to have "Verified Member" option if possible, i.e. registered member will be required to provide full details(name, address, phone no + bank or credit card transaction confirmation to become "Verified Member" to offer much safer trading between registered members.
    - Also will I be liable for the damage in case of fraud? if someone sell $2000 near-new leather couch for $400 via shipping and just take the money etc.

Is there anything else that I should consider or check before starting up the business? Thank you
    Last edited by Joe D.; Fri 24 Apr '20, 4:13am. Reason: Removed URL to prevent spam

p.s. If I could get reply just for my first part of the question regarding vBulletin, that would be much appreciated.

Comment

The costs are one off for the life of vBulletin 5.x. You will get all upgrades to vBulletin 5.x included with that price. If the day comes we release a vBulletin 6.x then there may be a charge to upgrade to that but I am not aware of any plans for a Vb 6.x anytime soon and you are not forced to upgrade.

The mobile suite is only necessary if you want an app store presence (Google Play, Apple iOS stores) the software works just fine on a mobile browser without using the Mobile Suite.

vBulletin software is primary for communities and forums it does not have built in tools for selling physical goods.

Comment

Great, thanks you very much for the information, Joe.
        I'll purchase vBulletin 5.x once I have the website registered.

One last question, it says "Includes free forum support for life of vBulletin 5 Connect and one month of ticket support." on the Purchase page:
        Do I use this section of the forum to get the one month support or be given a support contact email address? or some other method?

Thank you.

Comment

This forum is where you can get free support. Please post support requests in one of the VB5 support forums which you will be given access to once purchase is made.

Ticket support will be available via the vBulletin Member's Area (access to our ticket system) which you will get access to after purchase as well.

Hope all is well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X