Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I purchased vBulletin Cloud, How long until I can get in and get started building?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I purchased vBulletin Cloud, How long until I can get in and get started building?

I purchased vBulletin Cloud, How long until I can get in and get started building? Thanks

You should be able to get in as soon as you receive the purchase email. If you have a custom domain through vBulletin Cloud, you would use that. If you have domain through a third-party, the email will have a temporary URL and instructions to set up your CNAME Redirect.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• rob@audiomixclub.com
      [email protected] commented
      Editing a comment
      I received the email the next morning and was able to log into the forum builder. Thank you

hello
    my provider did the cname , and my website is still not showing up,They said the problem is at Vbulletins end. So how do i fix this . my vbulletin website is
    https://9b04f42fb09d-005092.vbulletin.net/

Comment

I do not see a CNAME set up pointing your chosen domain name (www.socialrailyard.com) to the URL above (https://9b04f42fb09d-005092.vbulletin.net/)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-04-16_9-51-46.png
Views:	98
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	4438573

What are the contents of the of the CNAME redirect at your provider?

Wayne Luke

Comment

yes becuase i asked them to change it back becuase it was not working, they said to talk to v bulletin

Comment

You need a valid CNAME created at your domain registrar for your domain to work. We can't provide that for you since we do not have access to the servers maintained by your domain registrar.

You need to point www.socialrailyard.com to 9b04f42fb09d-005092.vbulletin.net via the CNAME.

Wayne Luke

Comment

can i just park my domain and point it with masking to my forum?, will this work to?

Comment

The masking will be removed as soon as anyone clicks a link within your forum.

Wayne Luke

Comment

okay now i had them point www.wwwwwwwww to 9b04f42fb09d-005092.vbulletin.net via the CNAME. and its still not showing
                Last edited by deevbforum; Fri 17th Apr '20, 2:04pm.

Comment

okay the problem is resolved thank you Wayne you were awesone

Comment

Our website is shows up when we use https://www.socialrailyard.com/ or www.socialrailyard.com but it goes to Vbulletin in inactive page when we put in google socialrailyard.com. can you tell me how to fix this?

Comment

CNAMEs require a "host" (like www) to work. Not sure who set the non-www version of your website to point to vBulletin's servers but they shouldn't have, it cannot work. What they can do is point the non www version to the www version of the URL and if people type it in without the www the www will automatically appear and the forum will show correctly.

Comment