Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading to VB5 from 4.2.5- what happens to members Albums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to VB5 from 4.2.5- what happens to members Albums?

Really getting close to buying the VB5 upgrade for my VB4.2.5, but have some concerns about what happens to the Albums my members created. Where do the pictures go?

Also has VB5 fixed the sideways images from iPhones? I know that it is some issue with iPhones but my members don't want to hear that. I had someone do a tweak on my VB4 forum that turns the images the right way so they work on my current forum, but am wondering if I need him to do the same thing for this new VB5 upgrade or is there a built in fix to turn the images the right way.

Thanks!

They get converted to the vBulletin 5 content structure and remain on the customer's accounts. You'll be able to view them on the user's profile just like in vBulletin 4.

vBulletin 5 will try to reorient an image so the "top" is at the top. This depends on the metadata within the image though.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks Wayne.

How would I make everyone's separate Albums viewable like the Albums are in VB4? Is there a simple setting for that?

Comment

There isn't a setting needed. Their albums would exist in vBulletin 5 just like they do in vBulletin 4. Only three of the Albums on my profile were created after upgrading to vBulletin 5. If you go to my Profile, you can see this:
        https://forum.vbulletin.com/member/868-wayne-luke/media

Clicking into each individual album, you will see the photos added to it.

In addition to the Albums I created, there is an album called "Posted Photos". This includes every image that I have added to my posts as attachments or Photo Galleries topics.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment