Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to register my domain and get SSL cert before signing up for cloud account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to register my domain and get SSL cert before signing up for cloud account?

I don't get how the cloud service works. Do I need to have registered my domain and obtained my SSL cert before I sign up for a vBulletin cloud account?

No... An SSL certificate is provided as part of the Cloud service. You can register your domain name while signing up if you don't currently have one.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

OK. I might register my domain name on my own before signing up because I'll want to redirect the non-www site to the www site to keep the links consistent. I've spent about 15 min searching this site to see how people are doing the non-www to www redirect and it looks like vBulletin does not allow this. Some of the posts were old. If I have control of my own DNS I can work it out.

Comment

I know in the past I have successfully set up GoDaddy domains to redirect the non-www to the www version of the domain for vBCloud customers using their domain forwarding tools but as I have no current access to GoDaddy setup I can't confirm if this still works, I assume it does or someone would have complained. Not all registrars allow this.

Comment