X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for developing vBulletin 5.5.4 Patch Level 1

Hi

I have several suggestions for developing vBulletin

1- All products of all generations vBulletin 3 and vBulletin 4 work with vBulletin 5

2- All vBulletin Styles 3 and vBulletin 4 work in vBulletin 5

3 - The version automatically supports all languages ​​of the world

4- Add a special page to buy VIP memberships with PayPal support and several other ways

5. There should be more than one way to present the divisor in the main like this

https://www.traidnt.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=596000&stc=1&d=1314205278

6- Add a story feature like Facebook

7 -Add login via social networking sites without the need for the application of Facebook or Twitter

8 - Invite your friends to the site through several ways, including email or number or through social networking sites

I hope that these suggestions will be implemented

waiting for your reply

1. This is not going to happen. Add-ons for vBulletin 3 and 4 add a lot of potential security risks to the software and make it more difficult to recover from any attack.
    2. The structure of vBulletin 3 styles is fundamentally different from vBulletin 4. Both of these are fundamentally different than vBulletin 5. vBulletin 5 doesn't even use the same template structure or code as the previous versions.
    3. You can translate vBulletin 5 into any language. It is not cost effective to provide all languages in the base package.
    4. You can already create VIP Members in vBulletin 5 (3 and 4 as well). You can accept payments via PayPal and other providers.
    5. As a customer, you could create a feature request for what you want in this point.
    6. Not sure what the benefit would be but as a customer you can create a feature request for this.
    7. We already support logging in via third-party sites. We include Google, Facebook, and Twitter in the base application. You don't need their application.
    8. You can invite friends via Email using the Site Builder Quick Setup tool.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

OK

So why products from vBulletin 5.2 do not work on vBulletin5.5.4 Patch Level 1

Login with Facebook, Twitter and Google does not work on my site for what reason

Is it free and where is it requested?

Comment

So why not upgrade products of all generations vBulletin 3 and vBulletin 4 to work on vBulletin 5.5.4 Patch Level 1 and later versions with a solution to all security risks

Or create a program that does that

Because there are a lot of vBulletin 3 and vBulletin 4 products not found in vBulletin 5

As for the styles Fargo that is the work of more designs and more beautiful for the admin control panel vBulletin 5 I hope also return the style vBulletin_3_Default

I hope you create more designs than vBulletin 5 styles

Comment

If you are a vBulletin customer please go to the Member's Area at https://members.vbulletin.com, login, and add the email address you are using on this forum to the list of Priority Forum Support emails. Then within an hour your forum account will show as licensed giving you more permissions.

As for why all versions aren't updated it's both limited resources and older versions were never created with modern issues in mind, they would be impossible to upgrade to modern standards. So much code would change nothing from the old days would work anyway.
          Last edited by Joe D.; Mon 30th Sep '19, 2:29pm.

Comment

OK

I didn't notice that I was logged in here with my old membership

Now you have entered the membership that you registered at https: //members.vbulletin.com and the same email

Question Do I have to reload the copy again to give me full permissions?

Comment

Originally posted by Animeiat View Post
              So why not upgrade products of all generations vBulletin 3 and vBulletin 4 to work on vBulletin 5.5.4 Patch Level 1 and later versions with a solution to all security risks

Or create a program that does that

Because there are a lot of vBulletin 3 and vBulletin 4 products not found in vBulletin 5
              Because we don't own these add-on products and international copyright law prohibits us from modifying them without the permission of the authors.

I hope you create more designs than vBulletin 5 styles
              In vBulletin 3 and 4, we shipped a single style. We never made any variations of these. In vBulletin 5, we ship 15 different styles. If you have a custom style that you want converted, you will need to hire a web developer to make the conversion or ask the original author to update it for you.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Okay, now I understand

Question How long do I have to wait for the license to be fully activated

Comment

Your forum account is showing fully licensed to me, if it isn't for you try clearing your browser cache and cookies, and trying again.

Comment

thank you very much

The problem was resolved after deleting temporary files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X