Mobile app customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile app customization

hi, I have few questions about the mo Ile app: 1) can I make the "create account" link redirect users to a website so they could create account there instead of in the app? I want to use a custom account setup on my site for this purpose. 2) I have never developed an app before but I know basic php programming in addition to HTML and CSS. How difficult is it to make the app? 3) can I change the app colors and style when I develop my app or is it all one style? thanks.

4) The reason I typed everything continously is that I'm posting using android app and when I hit enter on my keyboard it submits the post rather than going to the new line. Is this a bug or a setup that can be changed when developing the app?

Comment

1) You cannot redirect the users to the Website.
      2) There is no HTML or CSS customization allows in the Mobile Apps.
      3) You can specify your logo, icons, and colors for the web site when you use the Mobile Publisher. Once specified, our systems will compile the App and you can download the finished product.

The Mobile App source code is not available to customers for modification.

I have no idea about #4. Seems to be a bug and I can't replicate that issue in the iOS version of the App.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Re#1) can I hide the user registration icon and instead show a message that tells the user to register on the website?

Comment

In the next release (2.1) version of the mobile suite, "create account" will redirect users to your web forum only if the site requires paid subscription. So you can modify your vB5 code at core/vb/api/api.php and change 'paidsubs' => $paidsubs in the 'features' array to 'paidsubs' => 1 to force that redirect without actually requiring paid subscription.

Keep in mind that you will need to reapply this hard coding after every vB5 upgrade.

Comment

thank you. when is the next release coming out?

Comment

Around mid September.

Comment

Originally posted by Thong Nguyen View Post
                In the next release (2.1) version of the mobile suite, "create account" will redirect users to your web forum only if the site requires paid subscription. So you can modify your vB5 code at core/vb/api/api.php and change 'paidsubs' => $paidsubs in the 'features' array to 'paidsubs' => 1 to force that redirect without actually requiring paid subscription.

Keep in mind that you will need to reapply this hard coding after every vB5 upgrade.
                Is the new version 2.1 available now? I can't find the version in the member area.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc55 View Post

Is the new version 2.1 available now? I can't find the version in the member area.
                  Not yet. When new versions are released there will be an announcement in the Announcements forum-

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...nouncements_aa

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post

Not yet. When new versions are released there will be an announcement in the Announcements forum-

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...nouncements_aa
                    Thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X