Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGDavis
    replied
    OK i see that. We are in the process of evaluating different options and like what you have.
    What is a big win is that you actually have a forum we can ask questions! Amazing how hard it is to get info from some companies. It disqualifies them actually.
    Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    There is no feature to allow users to filter the forums they see however if you setup your forums as "groups" instead of forums which have very similar features, then users can pick what groups they join and hence what content they see. I would suggest using the free 7 day trial and creating both forums and groups (sometimes called social-groups) and see the differences.

https://www.vbulletin.com/en/vb5-trial/

If you like what you do with the trial you can import it into a vBCloud site if you choose to go with vBCloud.

Leave a comment:

• AGDavis
    replied
    Thanks Wayne - I understand your comment on embedding. So long as we can make the page look like it is art of the site, and navigate back that is fine.

Any comment on the filter question above?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Embedding wouldn't be the correct word. I would not recommend embedding vBulletin within an iframe element. This can introduce security issues and degrade performance for both sites. However, you can make vBulletin approximate the look and style of your main website. You can add your own navigation modules, create custom HTML, upload logos and images, customize the layout, and change colors within the software. With standard CSS, you can customize vBulletin even further.

Leave a comment:

• AGDavis
    replied
    Thanks Wayne
    We do have tech, but I like the cloud option as you guys keep it all up to date. Its more a matter of whether we lose functionality, but it seems negligible.
    We would want to embed it into our existing site, look and feel etc.
    Can I do that with the cloud product?

On a completely different question: can the user filter the forums they see? We are in healthcare and will end up with possibly hundreds of forums, but each individual may only want to see say 5. Can they select what appears with a filter or some such?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The main difference between vBulletin Cloud and vBulletin Connect is that we host vBulletin Cloud on our servers and make sure the software is updated when a new version comes out. We also maintain the servers, update server software, and perform daily backups. Other differences are outlined in the comparison.

If you choose vBulletin Connect, you will need to find Web Hosting with a third-party provider and handle your own software upgrades. For people with the technical know how of managing their web servers and wishing for more control over the software, then vBulletin Connect is the better option.

Leave a comment:

• AGDavis
    replied
    Yes I saw that comparison.
    So does that mean whenever I read on the site about vconnect, it applies to vcloud? (within the parameters of that list)

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Gonzales
    replied
    vBulletin Cloud uses the latest version of vBulletin 5 only.
    There is a feature comparison chart here: https://www.vbulletin.com/en/vbcloud-features/

Leave a comment:

• Need to undrstand the differences between cloud and connect

Seems like there is very little info on your site about the cloud version other than on the pricing and plans page. Mostly all functions refer to the connect product. Does the cloud product have the same functionality?