Custom Styled Theme's - any examples? Also SEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Styled Theme's - any examples? Also SEO

Looking for examples of some really great custom skinned theme's I'm assuming we can still skin vBulletin (it's been a few years)

Also is there a thread you can point me to if we buy the latest vBulletin that addresses SEO?
    Real Estate Webmasters

Holy Crap, I just realized I have been on here since Feb - 2004! lol
    Real Estate Webmasters

Comment

There are some great custom styles out there I've seen but unfortunately do not keep a list because I would give out customer site links without permission, but yes it is still customizable and you can do a lot.

There is no longer any equivalent of "VBSEO" for vBulletin 5. VBSEO went out of business years ago and their product wasn't doing much beyond easy to read URLs which became available in VB4 and standard in VB5.

Comment

You can check out my collection link in signature
        Get Our New Flat Theme Pro Pack or Grab all 34 vb5.5.1 skins @sultantheme.com -vb3 responsive style or vb4 responsive style and vbcloud custom style

Comment

In vBulletin 5, the SEO of your site is in your hands. Everything, and I mean everything, has an editable URL. You would edit the URL to fit your needs. All URLs use rewrites to work. When you change a URL, a 301 redirect is created to the new URL. The URLs of children (channels and topics) are based off their parents. The URLs of Custom Pages can be built to reflect a page hierarchy. Everything is controllable by the end user out of the box.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

The way search engines index now there really is no such thing as SEO. You can and should still use HTML5 tags for semantic purposes but Google's latest search engine completely ignores <h> tags because they have been used incorrectly and have been abused for years. There's a really good video from Google about how their search engine works and if I can find the link I'll post it. Basically, everything people used to do to manipulate SEO is now disregarded by the search engines. H tags, meta tags, keyword stuffing, etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X