Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vB Cloud and (.htaccess or other privacy solution)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    As indicated above, you can use the permissions for the Usergroup to restrict what can be seen on the forum as a whole AND within individual channels. This would allow you to have a channel that gives an intro to the forum and encourages them to register but they wont' be able to see anything else unless they are a member.

In terms of using .htaccess, that's not an option on vB Cloud - there is no access to the files at all.

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    You'd be able to do that using usergroup permissions.

We do something similar, not for the whole site but for certain sections only members can see. It would be easy to do for the whole site though by setting unregistered/not logged in to be unable to view.

We love our Cloud site

Edit to add: Unless you mean restrict access so they can't see anything at all not even logo and information about what the site is? In which case I don't know but support will be along soon to help.

Leave a comment:

• Telescopic
    started a topic vB Cloud and (.htaccess or other privacy solution)

vB Cloud and (.htaccess or other privacy solution)

This pre-sales question is specifically about vBulletin Cloud.

I would like to create a forum using Cloud in which nothing in the forum can be seen unless a valid username/password has been presented. This is easy enough to do in .htaccess, but I suspect that method probably isn't available on the Cloud product. Is there any way to provide equivalent functionality?

TIA,
    Telescopic