Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe D.
    replied
    Instant option for a forum is not an option, primarily as it might overload mail servers on busy sites.

Online trial is here: https://www.vbulletin.com/en/vb5-trial/

It is a 7 day trial. Save the email that comes when you sign up, if you purchase a vBCloud package you can import your trial into your Cloud account.

The trial is the same for vBCloud and VB5. It is basically vBCloud.

Although the trial will show you all subscribe options I do believe the one major difference between the trial and Cloud is that in the trial email sending is disabled to prevent them from being used to send spam.

Leave a comment:

• lorencamp@gmail.com
    replied
    Joe, i see the options for daily or weekly digests on the forums, and instant option for a topic, but Is there a way to get “Instant” updates in a particular forum? We currently use Yahoo groups for “live discussions” in many cases.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• lorencamp@gmail.com
    replied
    Thank you. 2 more questions.
    1 is there a trial version of the cloud version?
    2 if I start setting up forum on trial, can Work be rolled into the paid version?

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Not all posts in one step. Users can subscribe to specific forums and get daily or weekly emails of new topics (along with a non-email forum only option) and they can subscribe to specific topics to get "instant", daily, or weekly emails of updates as well as the online-only option.

The Subscribe button is at the top of every topic, including this one, and every forum.

Leave a comment:

• lorencamp@gmail.com
    started a topic Email new posts

Email new posts

our club is looking at buying vbulletin to replace our yahoo groups service. One of the features in yahoo groups is to allow members to receive new messages to their email; either 1 at a time, or in the form of a daily digest. Can we do this with vbulletin?

loren