Requests and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requests and questions

I'm very interested by VB but I'm not sure what's so special about VB5 cloud
    my new website idea is to read blogs and articles by sharing the links and writing a review

what I need is:

to write a new thread,topic,subject whatever you call it. you can't write another one until 4 hours elapsed

You can't write a replies to the threads

you can't write more than 800 letters on your thread including the link

you can like the thread or dislike it , total likes you get for all your threads appear on your account

you can follow and get followers , who you follow list can appear on your account also followers list

forums will be in three levels , every one can participate in level 1 until he gain a certain amount of likes then he can participate in level 2 ...etc so visitors can go ahead for the best level and get the best links for writing contents from the best people

Why I would purchase for support? If I did can I task them for things to do like ads banners? Or should I work with some support from outside vbulletin

If I could get these things I will definitely get my vb license version, if these are customized so who should I ask?

thanks for your time.

Note: the last time I used vb as normal guest was years ago! So Don't thinks I'm familiar

Originally posted by Rabbitanooo View Post
    to write a new thread,topic,subject whatever you call it. you can't write another one until 4 hours elapsed
    The software has a flood control but it controls both topics and replies. You can set this to 4 hours but they would get a single post every four hours. Nothing more.

You can't write a replies to the threads
    You can turn off the ability to reply in the permissions.

you can't write more than 800 letters on your thread including the link
    There is a setting to control the maximum characters per post.

you can like the thread or dislike it , total likes you get for all your threads appear on your account
    We only support Like. Experience is that dislike is not well received.

you can follow and get followers , who you follow list can appear on your account also followers list
    Users can subscribe to other users.

forums will be in three levels , every one can participate in level 1 until he gain a certain amount of likes then he can participate in level 2 ...etc so visitors can go ahead for the best level and get the best links for writing contents from the best people
    You can do this with our User Promotion system and custom usergroups.

Why I would purchase for support? If I did can I task them for things to do like ads banners? Or should I work with some support from outside vbulletin
    Support is available to fix things when they break. We don't perform forum customization.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thank you wayne I'm sorry for the stupid questions but I need to clarify from you guys
      and here is more please:

1- can I see all the threads with the content since the content is very small limited by 800 letters or less
      what I mean when I get inside specific forum can I read all the threads and contents in forum page without having to click the thraed to go inside it and read

because my forum idea is to share blogs links that's it

2- I need the total likes of thread appears next to it , and the total likes of threads appear inside the account page

3- I'm trying to subscribe other accounts and I couldn't, all what I can is to subscribe threads! Can I subscribe accounts?

Comment

1) No... You will have to enter the topic to view the contents.

2) Likes for the topic will appear in the topic list. On the user account, this is shown as a Reputation Value, not the number of likes. However, the higher their reputation value, the more likes they would have received.

3) If you visit the user's profile, there will be a Subscribe button in the main content toolbar.

You can utilize a 7-day trial here: http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vb5-trial/

This would be able to demonstrate if you can set it up to fit your needs. If you make modifications and decide to go to vBulletin Cloud at the end of the trial, you can migrate your changes.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thank you Mr.LUKE

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X