Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for transition from vb4.2 to possibly vb cloud.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for transition from vb4.2 to possibly vb cloud.

we are in transition of leadership and i am part of the crew of transitioning our forum and website. we currently use vb4.2.3 but am wondering about transitioning from a yahoo server to a godaddy server and the headaches i am experiencing or should we opt for transitioning to the vbcloud for ease and simplicity? What add ons my we have currently that we will not be able to use? where can i look for what add ons we use?

which would be a better fit.

figuring out the transition of yahoo server to go daddy plesk server versus using the vb cloud?

TIA

If you migrate to vB Cloud, your site will be upgraded to vB5.2.5 and none of your custom styles or add-ons will be moved over as these are not permitted on Cloud:

http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vbcloud-features/
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

http://www.customknifecollectorsasso....com/vbulletin
    can you tell me what is the custom style and/or add-ons?

Comment

It's not possible to list your add-ons from viewing your site. You need to look in the Products and Plugins section of the admincp.

You need to ask yourself what you want to achieve.

What issues are you having with vBulletin 3 that make you want to upgrade?

MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I think Mark means what issues are you having with vb4.2 (not vb3)

Moving servers is easy enough to do (not that I would move to GoDaddy). Why do you want to move ?

If unsure, you would probably be better off paying someone to do that for you rather than what you are proposing.
        Moving to cloud just to move server isnt a very sound reason to upgrade - vB5 is very different, and you would lose any custom style, and any custom products.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X