Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

old customer wanting to upgrade lincense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xjuliox
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the replies,

I love that vb3 style that was my main reason to get 3 license in the past.

vB looks soo different now. I'll go with the vb5 this way I have access to all versions like Joe D. mention.

Thank you for the link William!

Leave a comment:

• William Thomas Jr
    replied
    If you do go to Vb 5 and want to retain your Vb 3 style then that is possible. I just used Sultan Themes to "convert" a Vb 4 template to Vb 5. Here's the page and the company's service: https://www.sultantheme.com/product/...-5-or-xenforo/

William

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    The vBulletin VB3 style looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb3 default.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	4358352

This style is only available on VB 3.x. VB 4.x and 5.x all look significantly different although VB 4.x is closer to VB 3.x than VB 5.x is to VB 4.x.

You basically have two upgrade (purchase) options. If you log into www.vbulletin.com you can upgrade to a VB5 license for $209. This will give you access to all current and future versions of VB 3.x, VB 4.x, and VB 5,x, You would be able to upgrade to the latest version of any of them.

If you are sure you don't want to ever upgrade to VB5 there is a special limited time option in the Member's Area, a link below the link to download vBulletin 3.x, that says Upgrade to VB 4. This $149 option will upgrade your VB3 license to a VB4 Publishing Suite license which will give you access to current and future versions of VB 3,x and VB 4.x. You can upgrade to either version.

While VB 3.x and 4.x are still maintained at this point for security exploits and PHP compatibility the only version getting new features and the by far the most development is VB5.

Some customers like the fact VB5 has a built in responsive style and more modern look. Others prefer the fact VB3 or VB4 have many more free modifications available on vBulletin.org than VB5.

It is really up to you what you want.

VB 3.8.x will be almost identical to the 3.7.x you are used to. VB 4.x will be very similar but with a blog and articles system. VB 5.x will be significantly different, with some features removed (like the calendar) and new features added (like Site Builder.)

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Haven't seen anyone try to restyle vB5 to look like vB3 - and to be honest, can't see someone putting that amount of effort in!

Leave a comment:

• xjuliox
    started a topic old customer wanting to upgrade lincense?

old customer wanting to upgrade lincense?

Hello,

I bought a license 11 years ago vb 3.7 I'm a big fan of the old style of vbulltin with the blue / white colors and the user info on top with what they posted on the bottom. Can the new vb work and look like the old vb? Also can I download the new vb and host it in my own website?

I don't understand the upgrade section if I were to upgrade from vb 3.7 what do I upgrade to?

Thank you!