Pre-Cloud Purchasing Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Cloud Purchasing Question.

Greetings. I would like to know if there are any necessary operating costs aside from the recurring monthly fee (such as purchases I will need to make outside of vBulletin). Just necessary stuff (I mean, aside from the obvious, like Internet service).

Thanks,
    Spork

After some digging I more or less found the answer to my question. I do plan to use my own domain name, and it appears that I will need web hosting. What isn't clear is whether I will need continuous web hosting.

Also, I plan to register my domain privately, but I wonder if there's another way for someone to tap into vBulletin to find out who's running my site? Cloud privacy is questionable......

What else? I know there was something. Oh, I remember! Can I keep my website inactive for a while before going live? It will need work, and right now it's just a sparkle in my eye.

Thanks,
    Spork

Comment

Hello,

If you want a custom domain name (rather than a youtname.vbulletin.net address) then you do need to figure it the purchase (and renewal) of a domain name. Domain privacy is a good way to reduce spam and keep your identity private and that is usually just a few dollars more a month.

However traditional web hosting is not necessary. Unless you want to upload pages beyond those you can create with VB5 Site Builder no additional web hosting or any other charges are necessary.

So the total charge would be whatever your cloud fee plus $10 to $20 a year depending on your domain name and privacy options.

We strongly recommend purchasing a domain name from one of the site sites we provide CNAME instructions for: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...r-cname-record
      Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Sun 18 Sep '16, 5:44am.

Comment

Thanks Joe. :-)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X