Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple questions please

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Couple questions please

    Hello have a few questions I hope you can answer. I appreciate it.

    1. Is there a way for people to make a poll in a post. NOT in the original post but in a subsequent post?

    2. Is there a way to hold a contest with people rating other members 1 to 10 and then see an average of their ratings? OR make a thread and have a poll RATE, not vote yes or no but actualy rate 1 - 10 on each choice?

    3. Can people vote on a poll with NO membership?

    3. Can you allow people to register, make a profile page but NOT allow them to post until they pay a fee? If yes, can this be done automatically so once they pay they can post with no interaction from me/admins.

    4. Is there any way to stop a spammer like the one that just posted tons of threads about colleges?

    Thank you for your time and all your knowledge.

  • #2
    Regards #1 and #2 - I would simply try it myself (make a new user that is actually you) you can do this a few times so you can get your answer. #3 - You set up "no membership, no voting. You set this up from admincp and look for "general settings". #3b - Again, you set this up from admincp,general settings. #4 - what I have done in the past (until I found a way to make it work) go to http://www.vbulletin.org and search for "spammer" or "stopping spammer".
    I hope at least one of my suggestions work for you! - boothole
    Be cool, man. Cool is good.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by aldonova View Post
      Regards #1 and #2 - I would simply try it myself (make a new user that is actually you) you can do this a few times so you can get your answer. #3 - You set up "no membership, no voting. You set this up from admincp and look for "general settings". #3b - Again, you set this up from admincp,general settings. #4 - what I have done in the past (until I found a way to make it work) go to http://www.vbulletin.org and search for "spammer" or "stopping spammer".
      I hope at least one of my suggestions work for you! - boothole
      Thank you for your post.

      Unfortunately I don't have vbulletin yet. This forum is for people who have not purchased yet.

      Comment


      • #4
        1. No. You can only make a poll in the first post. Why would you do that?

        2. Not in the default software. You would need a third-party plugin for that.

        3a. I don't understand the question.
        3b. Yes. You can do a Paid Subscription

        GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
          1. No. You can only make a poll in the first post. Why would you do that?

          2. Not in the default software. You would need a third-party plugin for that.

          3a. I don't understand the question.
          3b. Yes. You can do a Paid Subscription

          Hi Glen,

          Thank you for your answers. Reason for wanting #1 is say you have a thread with a contest. Then I would like members to be able to make a post below it stating they want to be in the contest and people could vote for them.

          3a. Can a non registered member read a thread and place a vote in a poll which is in that thread?

          Sounds like I really need something instead of Vbulletine

          Comment


          • #6
            3a yes, but doing this can leave you open to huge amounts of spam.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

            TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              3a yes, but doing this can leave you open to huge amounts of spam.
              Thank you Mark.

              You mean spam voters?

              I don't want them to be able to post just vote as an unregistered person.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WonderfulLife2 View Post

                Thank you Mark.

                You mean spam voters?

                I don't want them to be able to post just vote as an unregistered person.
                I don't think they will be able to vote without posting permissions to be honest. It would be a very unusual scenario.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

                  I don't think they will be able to vote without posting permissions to be honest. It would be a very unusual scenario.

                  Ok thank you

                  Reason I would like it is a member can post a pic of themselves with a poll to rate them. They can then send the link to all their FB friends, tweet it etc for them to vote. No way a person is going to want to have to register for the forum just to click like or dislike for their friends photo.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Allowing guests to like a post might be possible but you're opening your forum for abuse as the member who posted a pic would probably like their post a thousand times using an automated script as guest to win the contest.

                    GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Why not do this on FB as these types of things are more suitable for FB?

                      GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
                        Why not do this on FB as these types of things are more suitable for FB?
                        Thank you for the suggestion Glenn. I would like to have people on my site to help with ranking rather than on FB.

                        Actually what I am trying to do is a Hot or Not type site without having to do it in Wordpress or other similar site builder. I would prefer shopify or something can do easy on Vbulletin etc.

                        Comment

                        Loading...
                        Working...
                        X