Couple questions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple questions please

Hello have a few questions I hope you can answer. I appreciate it.

1. Is there a way for people to make a poll in a post. NOT in the original post but in a subsequent post?

2. Is there a way to hold a contest with people rating other members 1 to 10 and then see an average of their ratings? OR make a thread and have a poll RATE, not vote yes or no but actualy rate 1 - 10 on each choice?

3. Can people vote on a poll with NO membership?

3. Can you allow people to register, make a profile page but NOT allow them to post until they pay a fee? If yes, can this be done automatically so once they pay they can post with no interaction from me/admins.

4. Is there any way to stop a spammer like the one that just posted tons of threads about colleges?

Thank you for your time and all your knowledge.

Regards #1 and #2 - I would simply try it myself (make a new user that is actually you) you can do this a few times so you can get your answer. #3 - You set up "no membership, no voting. You set this up from admincp and look for "general settings". #3b - Again, you set this up from admincp,general settings. #4 - what I have done in the past (until I found a way to make it work) go to http://www.vbulletin.org and search for "spammer" or "stopping spammer".
    I hope at least one of my suggestions work for you! - boothole
    Be cool, man. Cool is good.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aldonova View Post
      Regards #1 and #2 - I would simply try it myself (make a new user that is actually you) you can do this a few times so you can get your answer. #3 - You set up "no membership, no voting. You set this up from admincp and look for "general settings". #3b - Again, you set this up from admincp,general settings. #4 - what I have done in the past (until I found a way to make it work) go to http://www.vbulletin.org and search for "spammer" or "stopping spammer".
      I hope at least one of my suggestions work for you! - boothole
      Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately I don't have vbulletin yet. This forum is for people who have not purchased yet.

Comment

1. No. You can only make a poll in the first post. Why would you do that?

2. Not in the default software. You would need a third-party plugin for that.

3a. I don't understand the question.
        3b. Yes. You can do a Paid Subscription

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
          1. No. You can only make a poll in the first post. Why would you do that?

2. Not in the default software. You would need a third-party plugin for that.

3a. I don't understand the question.
          3b. Yes. You can do a Paid Subscription

Hi Glen,

Thank you for your answers. Reason for wanting #1 is say you have a thread with a contest. Then I would like members to be able to make a post below it stating they want to be in the contest and people could vote for them.

3a. Can a non registered member read a thread and place a vote in a poll which is in that thread?

Sounds like I really need something instead of Vbulletine

Comment

3a yes, but doing this can leave you open to huge amounts of spam.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              3a yes, but doing this can leave you open to huge amounts of spam.
              Thank you Mark.

You mean spam voters?

I don't want them to be able to post just vote as an unregistered person.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderfulLife2 View Post

Thank you Mark.

You mean spam voters?

I don't want them to be able to post just vote as an unregistered person.
                I don't think they will be able to vote without posting permissions to be honest. It would be a very unusual scenario.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

I don't think they will be able to vote without posting permissions to be honest. It would be a very unusual scenario.

Ok thank you

Reason I would like it is a member can post a pic of themselves with a poll to rate them. They can then send the link to all their FB friends, tweet it etc for them to vote. No way a person is going to want to have to register for the forum just to click like or dislike for their friends photo.

Comment

Allowing guests to like a post might be possible but you're opening your forum for abuse as the member who posted a pic would probably like their post a thousand times using an automated script as guest to win the contest.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Why not do this on FB as these types of things are more suitable for FB?

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
                        Why not do this on FB as these types of things are more suitable for FB?
                        Thank you for the suggestion Glenn. I would like to have people on my site to help with ranking rather than on FB.

Actually what I am trying to do is a Hot or Not type site without having to do it in Wordpress or other similar site builder. I would prefer shopify or something can do easy on Vbulletin etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X