I've a cracked copy and I want to buy a genuine one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've a cracked copy and I want to buy a genuine one

I needed a 3.8.7 forum but I couldn't tind a trial version for it. I installed a cracked version just yesterday trying things out.

Now it's working fine and I want to pay for it and get a legit version.

I know I should have have paid for it in advanced, but I wasn't sure if it's going to fit my needs (giving no trial avaiable).

I just set it up yesterday. Is there a way to get a legit version and replace the current one without losing the current data?

thanks

Obviously you can purchase a legitimate license but cracked versions generally have malware of some sort so you're better off starting from scratch with a legitimate copy of the software.

Comment

I did right now & I have downloaded 3.8.7

however, I want to keep the current site as it ... I don't want to lost the current information ....

Thanks anyway ... I really hate going that route though, I wished if there was some trial for the 3.x

Comment

Just upload the legitimate files over the top of the cracked ones, and make a new config.php file.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks, took me a while to configure things right.

Comment

3.8.7 has unpatched security issues. You should upgrade to 3.8.9 once you have a license, the upgrade process should take care of any backdoors in the cracked version. Also after upgrading go to the Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Check and remove any file listed as not part of the software and not part of any add-ons you installed.

You also should add the email address you purchased with to the Priority Forum Support email list and that will give this account access as a licensed user (it will take about one hour after adding the address.)

Comment

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X