Language feature question, vB5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language feature question, vB5

I know it is possible to install language packs for the forum but what about translation of actual posts?

In other words, I wish to have my forum in both English and Deutsch. In addition from choosing the forum language itself, can translation be done of the actual post content? For example, an English user get posts made in Deutsch automatically translated for him so they can read it? Also in turn, reply to that topic and his English post be automatically translated into Deutsch for German users to read?

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Alex

Sorry, there's no fucntion to translate the actual posts. That would be almost impossible to achieve in any meaningful way.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

OK, I kinda figured, just wanted to check. I thought perhaps there could be integration with Google Translate if they even had an API/plug in for such a thing. Would be cool.

Comment

I do believe there are 3rd party APIs out there to do on the fly translations but they aren't free. It would require custom coding and an account with such a service. You can get more help with custom coding at www.vbulletin.org.

A very basic example (that is free) would be to include the Google Translate widget like I have on the bottom right corner of: http://www.qapla.com/mods/forum.php

Note- it doesn't translate just posts, it translates everything, and like most Google Translations it's good not great.

Comment