is this possible???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this possible???

Are there different levels of admin access???
    meaning can i give someone admin access but restrict what they can do????

also i am currently running UBB 6.04a
    is there a way i can convert all my stuff over
    cause my members are getting pissed with loosing there registrations so much

i used to have phpBB and phpBB2
    and they are crap
    kept crashing all the time
    lagged my site
    errrrr

so can i get a converter for UBB 6.04a?

as far as i know, vbulletin doesnt have that feature but it keeps logs of everything that happens in the admin cp so you can see what they are up to

there is an import script for UBB 6 so yes but it will only work if the UBB is on the same server

Comment

can i delete ubb after the conversion?

Comment

Originally posted by Sn2
        there is an import script for UBB 6 so yes but it will only work if the UBB is on the same server
        Uh-ho. I didn't realize that. I currently am running UBB 6.2 and am waiting for the new importer to be released before switching to vbulletin. It will coincide with a server move.

I had just assumed I could install VBulletin on Server A and import the UBB from Server B. For a variety of reasons, I don't want to install/import on Server A and then move to Server B.

Is that possible?

Also, any update on the importer? I am in a situation where I have to do get out of UBB very quickly, preferably this coming Saturday.

Thanks for your help. (No, I don't have a license yet. I don't want to purchase the license until I'm sure I can use it!)

Comment

You don't have to install UBB on the server to import, you just need the data files (namely the contents of the CGI-BIN and the contents of the nonCGI folder).

Comment

Thank you, Tubedog

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X