Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a chat feature included in the package?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Not that I am aware of, but we do not monitor availability of third party add ons.

Leave a comment:

• onkeljan
    replied
    Is there a chatplugin that dont have a monthly fee? Im prepared to pay for this fucntion. But not for the rest of my life.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    Originally posted by Conrad View Post
    Is there a shout box feature where everyone can write?
    There is no way to have a shoutbox on vBulletin Cloud unfortunately.

If you purchase the license and host your own site, you can use this shoutbox for vbulletin 5 connect.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...hreadid=288915

It's the popular one among users.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Not in the default software. There are 3rd party plugins out there but as mentioned, installing plugins is not allowed in vBCloud.

Leave a comment:

• Conrad
    replied
    Is there a shout box feature where everyone can write?

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Third-party plugins are not allowed on vBCloud.

Leave a comment:

• Teascu Dorin
    replied
    Regarding cloud permission of instaling apps I cannot advice you. Maybe a staff member can give you more details.
    From what I found those 2 are the only plugins available for your purpose. I belive there are some demos available to test them.

Leave a comment:

• Conrad
    replied
    Thanks mate, what about a shout box - is something like this available as part of the features?

I think something like this would solve me need for a separate module, and I just read that the cloud version does not allow you to install 3rd party apps (probably a good thing for security purposes).

Leave a comment:

• Teascu Dorin
    replied
    I believe that you can install a chat plugin even if you use a cloud version.
    Below you can find link for 2 different chat plugins for vBulletin 5:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=288915
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=302812

Leave a comment:

• Conrad
    replied
    Many thanks. I am mainly interested in the cloud version of vBulletin so I take it there is no way to get any form of chat feature running on that?

Leave a comment:

• Teascu Dorin
    replied
    vBulletin does not have that feature as seen below and on the Purchase page, but there are plugins on vbulletin.org for chat. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	150
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	4328715

Leave a comment:

• Conrad
    started a topic Is there a chat feature included in the package?

Is there a chat feature included in the package?

I'm looking at setting up a new community and in addition to the forums we are keen on a chat feature for users that happen to be online at the moment. Does the forum package/suit include some sort of chat feature?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X