• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions about vBulletin cloud

hi,

I am evaluating the vBulletin cloud and I have a few questions:
    1. Can I use my url?
    2. Can I create private forums for certain user groups?
    a) where can I read more about Usergroups Based Permissions?
    3. Can I have a add free forum?
    4. How does support works? Is it included in the monthly fee? If extra, can I add to the subscription later?
    5. Can I convert my trial after buying?
    6. How many administrators can I have?

thank you in advance.
    plb

1. You can use your own domain name, it must include a host (like www or forum) it cannot be only http://domain.com it must be something.domain.com. You will need to setup a CNAME record with your registrar if you choose to use your own domain.

2. Yes
    a. Our manual on Usergroup Manager- http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/a...rsion=50107500 - but basically every usergroup permission can also be set per forum (channel) or on a site wide basis.

3. There are no ads in vBCloud forums unless you specifically add your own.

4. Forum support is included with the cheapest package. You would be expected too request help in the forum first and if we feel it requires it we can also move the issue to our ticket support system. You can also purchase ticket suppert separately at any time.

5. The 3 day trial cannot be converted to a live forum.

6. As many as you want but the fewer the better for site security.
    Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Mon 22 Jun '15, 10:28am.

Comment

Tell her the VB Cloud doesn't fully support mobile users, full disclosure, no forum runner, no tapatalk. With Cloud, you get whatever VB tells you. It is very rigid.

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
        Tell her the VB Cloud doesn't fully support mobile users, full disclosure, no forum runner, no tapatalk. With Cloud, you get whatever VB tells you. It is very rigid.
        vBCloud has a responsive style that will work on mobile browsers.

Add-ons like ForumRunner or the VB Mobile App are not available for vBCloud.

For a more complete list of the differences: http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vbcloud-features

Comment