• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Brad Padgett

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    Oh you're using Firefox. I'm using Chrome. I tried it in Firefox and it works. Though I was expecting more of the pasted image being uploaded automatically (with filedata in the URL like regular attachments) not just embedded inline.

Edit: I posted this using Firefox and the image I pasted appeared but after posting, it didn't render the image properly. All it did was display an [img] [/img] bbcode tag with base 64 encoded data URI.
    Strange it didn't render for you. There is never any filedata that would cause it to actually upload for me, only the embedded inline. Everyone's computer works different I guess.

Good luck
    kerrya

Vbulletin is a great product and I hope you find what you need.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    Former vBulletin Developer

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Oh you're using Firefox. I'm using Chrome. I tried it in Firefox and it works. Though I was expecting more of the pasted image being uploaded automatically (with filedata in the URL like regular attachments) not just embedded inline.

Edit: I posted this using Firefox and the image I pasted appeared but after posting, it didn't render the image properly. All it did was display an [img] [/img] bbcode tag with base 64 encoded data URI.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    Really? It doesn't work here. Can you try it here? Are you sure you don't have a plugin?
    Here is an example. As you can see there are no attachments below the image. I simply copied and pasted the image into the editor. My site doesn't have any current plugins. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	picture_in_editor.png
Views:	64
Size:	674.3 KB
ID:	4318795

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Originally posted by TheXboxCloud View Post

Image pasting is supported. In all the tutorials we post on my site, I simply copy the image and post it without having to do anything else. If for some reason you believe it's not supported, it's always worked for me. Even when it includes text with it, I simply copy and paste. It always works for me.
    Really? It doesn't work here. Can you try it here? Are you sure you don't have a plugin?

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    It would also be nice if image pasting is supported. That way, if you take a screenshot and you want to attach it to a post, you don't have to save it in a file. You can just copy it and paste it into the editor. That would be convenient for the users. This is how it works on Github issue tracking system.
    Image pasting is supported. In all the tutorials we post on my site, I simply copy the image and post it without having to do anything else. If for some reason you believe it's not supported, it's always worked for me. Even when it includes text with it, I simply copy and paste. It always works for me.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    It would also be nice if image pasting is supported. That way, if you take a screenshot and you want to attach it to a post, you don't have to save it in a file. You can just copy it and paste it into the editor. That would be convenient for the users. This is how it works on Github issue tracking system.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There is already a JIRA for this here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-11488

So far it hasn't received a lot of votes to raise its priority as an improvement request.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Feel free to raise this as an Improvement Request in the Tracker:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/

Leave a comment:

• Replicant

• Replicant
    replied
    I use google+ for image hosting. When I'm posting an image, I drag the image from google into the editor and it works perfect. Other image hosting may do the same thing. Drag and drop for uploading attachments and photos to the database would be a nice plugin though.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    vBulletin uses CKEditor as the third-party rich text editor. There are a lot of CKEditor plugins that you can use to implement drag and drop image uploads.

https://www.google.com/?q=drag+and+d...pload+ckeditor

Leave a comment:

• kerrya
    started a topic Drag and drop image uploads

Drag and drop image uploads

So many online services are using a drag and drop interface for uploading images. I tried the VB5 demo, and it doesn't have this feature. Does anyone know of a forum software that has that?

Kerry