Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB5 Cloud for English and Arabic sites

Hi,

I am planning to buy the VB5 Cloud to build a bilingual (Arabic and English) website with blogs and forums. The front end has to have right-to-left and left-to-right with proper naming of each module, page, section, etc.. relevant to each language.

I can easily translate anything, however, I am not an experienced programmer.

Will the VB5 cloud's site builder (plus some of your support) do the trick? Anything else I need to know/do?

Thanks!

You would need to provide your own translation, we do not have an official Arabic translation for VB5.

Also, some items such as Channel Names will only be in one language, you can't specify the name of a channel for each language.

You could have separate channels, one with an English title and one with an Arabic title.

You can try the VB5 demo to get more of an idea- http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vb5-trial

Don't waste too much effort because you can't save anything you do in the trial but the interface you would use to translate is in the Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager

Comment

Thanks Joe,

Translation is the least of my worries as it is relatively straight forward. The back end or Admin CP can be in English or any language. That's fine.

However, my concern is the front end display of the Arabic site. In particular those 2 points:

1 - Right-To-Left functionality and text direction (I think that is doable - please confirm)
      2 - To a normal Arabic reader or blogger, will he be reading some English words on the Arabic site?

This is quite a smooth Arabic VB forum, as an example.

Thanks!
      سيدتي | موقع منتدى سيدتي النسائي أفضل منتدي نسائي منتديات متخصصه في إمور المراه العصريه واحتياجاتها forums

Comment

That site is still on vBulletin 3, a significantly older version for which many Arabic language packs and styles exist.
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

1. Yes you can set the language to be RTL.
          2. vBulletin doesn't translate content. If the content is entered in English it will always be English no matter what language is chosen. Everything else can be in any language you provide a translation for.

Comment

Thanks VB Team. I will be your client soon

Comment