Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infractions or points used the other way around.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donald1234
    replied
    There are a lot of points system mods for Vbulletin 4 on www.vbulletin.org if you would consider using that version?

Leave a comment:

• claystation
    replied
    I see Reputation on my VB5 site but I need to assign a certain number of points for certain actions or jobs worked. It seems with the Reputation system you only get points if someone likes your post and in the infractions I see you can add a negative number for specific infractions. For us the points would not have to be public but known to admin and the individual user.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I don't think infractions would be a satisfying solution for your needs. However vBulletin also has Reputation, called Likes in vB5, where people can earn points and this is displayed in the userinfo of their post under their avatar. On my account, it would be the the green pips to the left.

Leave a comment:

• claystation
    started a topic Infractions or points used the other way around.

Infractions or points used the other way around.

Hello,
    I have been an owner/administrator of a vBulletin site for many years, Claystation.com. I serve on the board of a Potters Association and am contemplating on building them a website using vBulletin. One feature that we would need though is a points system where we could manually add points to users that really have nothing to do with the forum. I was looking at the "Infractions" area on my site, and was wondering if I might be able to use this as a points system that would give you positive points users not negative. I am looking for a creative solution to this idea where I could use existing features in vBulletin and perhaps change some of the language. I do not use infractions on my site so I am wondering if any of you might have some insight on this idea.
    Thanks,
    Andy