Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the maximum number of threads on a page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the maximum number of threads on a page?

You know how each forum has different pages and there's about 20-40 threads on each page?

Well, what is the limit?

For example, can we put like 50 or 60 threads on each page? And if so, why would anyone (if we have that option) select anything but the maximum? Why would anyone select 20 threads if they can select 40? Wouldn't they want as many threads visible on the first page as possible?

People running at low resolution or without broadband will want to go with the lower numbers of posts per page (and threads per page, which is set in the admin CP) to save on bandwidth and screen space. For example running at 640x480 and having 100 posts per page looks overwhelming.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

As for the limit, AFAIK there is no sane one. I'm using 100 on my forums, but there's a site I visit that has a thread with 35,000 posts so allowing an option to show all posts on one page is not very wise.

Comment

um... i dont have broadband and forums with 100 thread listings per page works fine for me. .. i dont think resolution has anything to do with it. it is all about the server speed and server loads.

Comment

Well the more posts there are the more possibilities there are for images, and that takes up bandwidth. Also more posts per page = more bandwidth for the host = more money

Comment