Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event Calendar with eMail Alerts in VB5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Calendar with eMail Alerts in VB5?

Hello Everyone!

I am interested in finding out if there is a certain functionality built into VB5.

I would like an Event Calendar where my users can post events and receive email reminders for upcoming events.

Ideally I would like as an Admin or Mod to be able to add an event on the calendar and select an email reminder for all forum members (or those in a certain "User Group")

I have looked far and wide for the answer to this question, so I am posting here with the hopes of being directed in the right direction so I can move forward.

Thanks for your time,

MRuskow

Hello,

I am sorry but there is no calendar functionality in VB5. If you are interested VB4 does have a calendar which allows posting of events but no reminder emails. Reminder emails may be added with a custom modification however. We do not support modifications but you can get help with them on www.vbulletin.org if you purchase a license.

A VB4 Online Trial is available here - http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vb4-trial/

With the purchase of a VB5 license you will get access to VB4 as well so you can use that version instead.

Comment

Joe D,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will look into VB4 as well as the plugin I would need for the functionality I desire.

Respect,

Mruskow

Comment

Just wondering why they removed calendar functionality and are they thinking of putting it back in? It is something my users are asking for.. i don't want to go back to VB4

Comment

No, there's not such functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by keiahnig View Post
            Just wondering why they removed calendar functionality and are they thinking of putting it back in? It is something my users are asking for.. i don't want to go back to VB4
            Under used and not deemed as critical by users at this time. Hardly been an outcry over it being missing otherwise it'll have been slated to get added back by now
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

If you would like to make your opinions on adding a calendar known please see this issue in the tracker and vote for it- http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1247
              Note- Voting does not guarantee it will be implemented but increases its chances.

Comment