UNIX or Windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNIX or Windows?

I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be - but how do performance of VB compare on unix vs. windows boxes?

thanks,
    Aimee

Re: UNIX or Windows?

Originally posted by icompact
    I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be - but how do performance of VB compare on unix vs. windows boxes?

thanks,
    Aimee
    The vBulletin forum software runs on both Windows as the Unix platform very well. As long as they both support PHP and MySQL. I believe it is the stability of the operating system and the support for PHP/MySQL for that specific operating system which makes it stable/instable. But.. vBulletin will run on both, very well.

Comment

Typically vBulletin is more stable under *nix for the simple reason that PHP on Windows is not as mature as its' *nix counterpart. That does not however mean it can't be run on Windows or that you would have a huge problem doing so.

Comment

^^^ That said, given the choice and all things being equal, I would much rather host a vBulletin installation on a Linux box than one running Windows. In my experience, vBulletin runs a lot faster on a machine running Linux than the same machine running Windows.

Comment

Linux/Unix

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X