Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If all these hosts offer boards, why go with vb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If all these hosts offer boards, why go with vb?

I've noticed that many, maybe most, hosts now offer free (and portable) forum boards with their packages, so why am I paying 160 for a vbulletin license?

Can someone please explain why I'm making the right choice?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Marcel Lee; Tue 12 Mar '02, 9:55pm.

Well, it depends on which boards you're referring to...

But I've used many bulletin board systems before, and vBulletin is...by far...the fastest, most stable, feature-rich bulletin board I've ever used. It's very easy to install, and it has excellent support in case you ever come across any trouble. The choice is entirely up to you, but I'd highly recommend vBulletin.
    Last edited by BillaBongUSA; Tue 12 Mar '02, 10:03pm.
    http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Oh, and I forgot to mention that if you're afraid that you'd be wasting money, you could always purchase a leased license first, and then upgrade to an owned license for only 85 bucks as long as you do it within thirty days of purchasing your leased license.

[Edit: Oops, but by the looks of your recent previous posts, it looks as if you've already purchased.]
      Last edited by BillaBongUSA; Tue 12 Mar '02, 10:03pm.
      http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BillaBongUSA
        Well, it depends on which boards you're referring to...

But I've used many bulletin board systems before, and vBulletin is...by far...the fastest, most stable, feature-rich bulletin board I've ever used. It's very easy to install, and it has excellent support in case you ever come across any trouble. The choice is entirely up to you, but I'd highly recommend vBulletin.
        Thanks for that.

I do feel a little better about it now.

Not 160 percent better, but better nevertheless.

Thanks again.
        Last edited by Marcel Lee; Tue 12 Mar '02, 10:27pm.

Comment

Do they offer a complete forum package or just a section of it? Like ezboard systems? What kind of forums do they offer? phpBB and other freestyle boards?

At least with vBulletin, you are the owner of the software and you have 100% control over it. You are free then to alter the source and database and everything.

I am happy to see that you purchased vBulletin, wise choise!

Comment

If you are talking about XMB Forum which is included for "free" when your host installs CPanel3, then there is not much support for it.

With vBulletin you are essentially paying for the support. With your purchase you guarantee that we will continue to be here to support you now and in the future.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by wluke
                With vBulletin you are essentially paying for the support. With your purchase you guarantee that we will continue to be here to support you now and in the future.
                You are also paying for me, John, Freddie and Mike (Ed) to work around the clock to bring you the next version... when you see vBulletin 3 you'll know it was worth it

Comment

My PC crashed yesterday, because after weeks of drooling it got power cut

CANT WAIT !! ... any ..... long..er....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X