Couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions

1. Is the license fee a one off payment for the license ever more or a yearly license? I ask as I only have a small forum and cannot justify that price every year.

2. Currently have a SMF forum, I see you can migrate with the tool. What about photos and content we have uploaded in Aveda Media add on we have, does the migration tool migrate that content as we have soe 1500+ pictures and I am not moving them manually

3. Our site layout, colour schemes and logos, can these be migrated? I assume not but how easy to change as I am not good at CSS and that sort of stuff.

TIA

Thank you for your interest in vBulletin.

1. The license is a one off fee that will cover you for life. The only time you would need to pay again, would be if vBulletin comes out at some point AND you wanted to use it. If you buy a current license, you can download and install vBulletin 5, OR vBulletin 4, OR vBulletin 3, and carry on using it forever. Updates are also included, though vBulletin 3 is currently end of life and no updates are planned for it.

2. I'm not familiar with that add on but if it stores images, or writes the information about them, in any sort of non-standard, added database table, then no the importer will not pick these up. The importer will only pick up the standard forum data.

3. Styles won't be imported, but vBulletin has a stylevar system that allows you to change the colours etc, and also a template system if you want to play with the layout. In vBulletin 4 you can easily use custom css to override the default stylevars if you want to get more creative. There's also a style generator which will set you up with some basic colour changes which you can then tweak as desired.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks Mark, appreciate it. I might get the trial and have a play, although I work in IT html, CSS etc is not my bag so will need to see how easy it will be for me to mirror the current forum as our members dont like too much change. Just that VB has more functionality that I think they would appreciate

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X