Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features and Styles

Hello,

I'm completely new user looking to embark on a new website project. I'm keen to get a website similar to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/ which looking at the source code is vBulletin. I would be interested in purchasing this software if it could do forum, blog and content pages.

Which version is this using and does the new version 5 include all these features? Are there any other examples of other VB sites like these? which do content, blogs and forums?

thanks,
    Geek Unique

That is a heavily customized VB 4.1.8 install. We are actually at VB 4.2.0 on that branch of development which is what you would use if you needed a CMS. vBulletin 5 is still in Beta and does not yet have CMS functionality. We still recommend VB 4.2.0 as the latest stable version to run on live sites.

That said I must again say that is a very customized site with a "branding free" license so the vBulletin copyright is removed. You would need extensive CSS/HTML experience to make a default VB forum look like that. For an example of what a default VB 4.2.0 forum looks like, look around this forum.

You can find numerous other VB forums by searching Google for "Powered by vBulletin"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X