Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Agreement Question

Hello,

I currently own a license for the vB5 Publishing Suite, but I use vB4. I would like to install an additional (non-public) copy of vBulletin 4 that is to be used for testing certain features before I include them on my live production site.

My question is, the License Agreement explicitly states that a test site may not be made available to the public at any time. Do such sites have to be protected with something like htaccess files? Or do I just need to give it a non-descriptive URL that people won't just guess.

If you have a valid license, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our license verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

Ah, perfect. So basically all I really need to do is password protect the directory. I'll see to that as soon as possible.

EDIT: The only other thing is that the forum I want to install, I want to do so on a subdomain of my main domain and not just in a directory off of the main licensed site. Can I still do this?

Example: sometestforum.somesite.com instead of someothersite.com/testvb

Comment

Yes, But always keep it in private and password protected

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

Awesome, thanks so much AliMadkour!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X