Possibly Joining Vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly Joining Vbulletin

Hi everyone, hope you all enjoyed christmas and new year.

Well i have recently just moved to IPB from MyBB and oh my god the problems i have had has been a little nightmare but last night i asked for my ticket to be escalated to management and i also threatened to leave them and come to vbulletin and to my amazement the manager spoke down to me and also informed me he didn't believe the customer is always right (i know that also but wouldn't expect a ceo to say this to a customer)

But in the end i have been sent refund messages but not received the money as yet so now i am waning to join vbulletin as i know you are world class and the real deal. I know your that little more expensive but i suppose you get what you pay for.

Can anyone tell me please if vbulletin would transfer my forum from ipb to vbulletin software if i purchase a package now?

Sorry to hear of the troubles you're having elsewhere.

We provide an import tool that will allow you to move from IPB to vBulletin however we don't do the import for you. That said, our IPB importer is fully supported so should you have any issues with the import, you can gain support for this via the Ticket system and our Impex support forum here.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Thank you for your reply Trevor. an you tell me please how much this would cost me for the package because it only tells me USD and i need the price in GBP. I have tried a few conversion websites but not sure which one is right and wrong... $249 is the price i need to know. Sorry to be a pain.

Comment

My other question has disappeared reference the price in GBP. I also wanted to check what your converter from IPB to Vbulletin would convert, ie passwords ect?

Comment

Payment is only accepted in US Dollars so the exact cost in GBP would depend on the exchange rate with your financial institution.

Our Impex tool does not convert passwords, users would need to reset their passwords after the move.

Threads, posts, attachments, private messages will all transfer. The full list is:

Import usergroup
          Import user
          Import forum
          Import thread
          Import post
          Import poll
          Import Private messages
          Import moderator
          Import attachment
          Import smilie

And the Impex Manual is here: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Comment

Originally posted by Wirral.Talk View Post
            My other question has disappeared reference the price in GBP.
            Approximately:
            249.00 USD = 154.150 GBP

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Now beofre i joined you i asked question after question on here and vbulletin and received great help and now since paying and now having trouble i have been blanked and at this moment in time i am very disappointed in your staff and software. First i was told i could convert from IPB to Vbulletin but its best that i used version 4 and not 5 which was fine then once version 4 was installed your software is fully NOT compatible with the newer software nowadays so then had to ask my host to downgrade me in the php version (which isnt good when the money i have spent on this software)

And now your impex doesnt work and no support can be given.
              At this moment in time i am fuming.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't get this at all, the amount of staff that have tried to help and when they cant help everything goes quiet... In tickets and on the forums...

Comment

I do see several support tickets you've created, but you are in the middle of a ticket with one of our support staff. The same support staff member will see your ticket through from start to finish so they do require time to sleep and such and cannot answer always 24 hours a day.

Please be patient and support will be provided for your issue- but it is not "around the clock 24/7" once a ticket has been picked up by a specific staff member they are the only ones who will reply.

I have confidence your issue with Impex will be resolved, it just requires a little patience.

Comment

Aww thank you so much Joe think thats all i needed a bit of reassurance. I did receive help from another member asking what the problem was over an hour ago before i asked for a refund but they have also gone quiet since informing them about the problem. Its just worrying when you do a search around Google for the same problem as mine and from what i read nobody gets this problem resolved as there is never a conclusion just the same thing people being told you have entered the wrong details but when the details have been confirmed as correct from a host then its got to be a problem with impex itself.

- - - Updated - - -

I also have to admit i find it rather silly that one person looks into a problem when you have many staff, so if the person in question who is looking into your problem lives in the USA and i live in the UK then the times are not going to match so this could go on and on for weeks and weeks till we are both on at the same time. Very silly indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wirral.Talk View Post
                    I also have to admit i find it rather silly that one person looks into a problem when you have many staff, so if the person in question who is looking into your problem lives in the USA and i live in the UK then the times are not going to match so this could go on and on for weeks and weeks till we are both on at the same time. Very silly indeed.
                    The problem with that is, if someone is mid way through working on your problem, and someone else has to pick it up, they are going to have to pretty much start from scratch if it's a complicated issue.
                    If a person has knowledge of your specific issue and has been working on it, it's counter productive to hand it over to someone else mid way through, only for that person to hand it on again shortly afterwards.
                    The same person needs to keep working on it.
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I can guarantee by the time this member of staff comes back on i wont be on here and then information will be needed from me to prolong this further. Like i have said its a bit of a let down to purchase such expensive software to find it doesn't work on the the most up to date software on hosting packages nowadays to be told its something thats going to be updated in the future. But by the looks of things its going to stop the impex from working also.

This would have been fixed much better if they had listened to me last night when i said it wasn't working but all i got was the normal answer which i can found around the internet which is "you have put the wrong details in" when i and others around the internet have done exactly as the instructions say to do it. Not everyone should be painted with the same brush that they have done something wrong when they haven't.

- - - Updated - - -

And also to add this member of staff hasnt started anything all they have said is i have done it wrong when i haven't and this has been confirmed by many of my friends and host.

Comment

I really like this platform and have been on the verge of spending good money many times. Then posts like this remind me of the hundreds if not thousands of other similar post I've read over the past few years of researching this VB. And I've read the licensing agreement that does not guaranty the functionality of this software or service. It only gives you the right to use (conditionally) something you pay good money for but don't own. Satisfaction does not seem to be in their vocabulary. And of course it is always in their mind, the customer screwing it up, not the software which even some staff will admit from time to time will never work right. They prefer it would seem to create another dis-functional version than fix the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Autopilot View Post
                          I really like this platform and have been on the verge of spending good money many times. Then posts like this remind me of the hundreds if not thousands of other similar post I've read over the past few years of researching this VB. And I've read the licensing agreement that does not guaranty the functionality of this software or service. It only gives you the right to use (conditionally) something you pay good money for but don't own. Satisfaction does not seem to be in their vocabulary. And of course it is always in their mind, the customer screwing it up, not the software which even some staff will admit from time to time will never work right. They prefer it would seem to create another dis-functional version than fix the last one.
                          The fact is doing an import with Impex isn't always "point and click" though when an import does go well it never gets noticed.

We do/did provide full support for Tier 1 Impex systems like we did in this case, although we do not promise answers within 30 minutes all throughout the day.

This customer now reports the issue resolved- it had to do with their host, not VB or Impex.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X