Invision Power Board 3.4 > vBulletin 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invision Power Board 3.4 > vBulletin 4

Thinking of buying vB4, but not if I can't import my IPB 3.4 forum...

ImPex is terribly outdated in terms of IPB.

Is there ever going to be something for this? IPB 3.4 is the most recent version, so one should be made.

If not, can anyone just guide me how to transfer users over? I can do the rest myself... My only difficulty is the different password encryptions, how does that work?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'd rather not import any settings. I only want the users, threads, posts, and sections, if possible.

Can anyone do this for me manually? Or code something up?

Originally posted by Dialatic View Post
    My only difficulty is the different password encryptions, how does that work?
    You have to accept that passwords won't be transferred.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Would I be better off manually re-doing the database myself? I have enough knowledge with SQL and PhpMyAdmin to do it myself... I was just wondering if anyone had a converter, or could make one quickly.

Comment

Depending on the changes to the IPB database schema, the importer should still work even though it was written for an earlier version. The IPB importer is also regarded as Tier1 so should you have any issues with it, you'll be entitled to full support via our ticket system where we'll help to ensure it works for you.
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X