Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions before buy.

Dear forum support..,
    I'm new to vbulletine so i have few questions before purchase vbulletine software.
    please explain me one by one my questions

1. I just want to create forum site not normal web site which software i have to buy vbulletine 5 connect or vbulletine 4.2 but i saw that your site not availabe
    vbulletine 4.2 there is only vbulletinr 5 connect so what i have to do..?

2. if i purchase one kind of thing like vbullent 5 or 4,2 will you provide to download something like software to my computer or only you will give me the logging
    username and password..?

3. if i purchase vbulletine how i create forum site..?

4. And what kind of forum name will you give me like myforumname.vbulletine.com or myforumname.com.?

5. if you not provide custom domain name if i buy it somewhere else how i can park my custom domain name to vbulletine.?

6. i know you provide hosting service but if i need host from else where how can i do it..?

please help me and explain me this each question before i buy...

Thank you.

1. If you purchase the vBulletin 5 Connect license you will be able to download and use vBulletin 4.2 instead if you want. You will be able to upgrade to 5.x at anytime for free. You will get all future updates to both 4.x and 5.x.

2. After purchase you will get a vBulletin Customer Area password, and your username will be your email address. You will be able to login to https://members.vbulletin.com and download the software.

3. You also need to purchase a hosting plan from a web host. If you use GoDaddy make sure it is the Deluxe Linux hosting plan or better. You then install VB to your site (there are install instructions) and you begin adding forums and setting up things you want from the forum Admin CP.

4. That is only if you want to use vBCloud. With vBCloud we install and host the software for you- you will get instructions on how to access the site after you purchase. However only VB 5.x is supported on vBCloud, you cannot use 4.x. You can choose anything you want like xxxxxxxx.vbulletin.net that isn't taken already, or you can purchase your own domain from a registrar (again, like GoDaddy) and we can tell you how to use that after purchase.

5. We only provide a domain name for vBCloud, in that case we take care of everything. You don't need to buy a license, your vBCloud fee (monthly or yearly) is all your need.

6. You need to purchase a plan from a suitable host and install the software yourself in this case. You will need to be familiar with FTP usually to upload the software to your host, also unzipping files, editing some PHP files as well. If you prefer we can install the software for you for an additional charge- you will just need to give us the details your host sends you after you buy a hosting plan.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X