Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Hi I'm zach and I'm sure this question has been asked before but I need to know how easy this software will be able to format for the purpose of running an xbox 360 clan. The main things I need to know is how to put in a theme like so (random site I liked the theme on) http://www.amplifygaming.com/forums/forum.php . I also need to know how easy it is to put in a chatbox. The forum part I can set up quite easily but I just need to know the time frame on how long it will take to get a respectable site up and running. And lastly, the $249 for the software, is that the fee for everything? Like custom URL and basically no more fees until the one year is up? -Thanks
    Last edited by Zach13579; Sun 16 Dec '12, 6:31am.

Hi Zach, the time depends on how good you get along with vBulletin. Actually, for modifications you should have a look at www.vbulletin.org as we support the default software only.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

The $249 is only for the license to download and run vBulletin, and it lasts forever- you will never need to pay again unless the day comes you want to upgrade to VB6.

It does not include the cost for registering a domain or paying for web hosting- those you should have setup before you purchase vBulletin.

DO not purchase GoDaddy shared hosting, it is not compatible with VB5 and only somewhat compatible with VB4.

Comment

Where do you recommend I purchase the domain name from then @Joe D.

Comment

We don't make thoase recommendations I'm afraid.
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

You can purchase the Domain Name from GoDaddy if you want, just don't buy their hosting. However many hosts offer free domain name registration if you purchase hosting so you probably want to find a host first and see if you even need a separate domain registrar. (Personally I like to keep them separate but that is something you can choose to do later on if you wish.)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X