Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suitability for small, completely private user group.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitability for small, completely private user group.

Hi Guys

We have small LinkedIn group (about 50 members) and want to move to a real forum platform (cloud hosted). I'd estimate that there are only about 20-30 posts a day (but that could be because LinkedIn is such a dreadful platform). I use lots of Forums that run vBulletin (most still on 3.x) and it seems pretty good.

vBulletin Cloud is the main platform we're exploring.Se like to to keep costs under $200/year. It looks to me like the bronze package would suffice given our volume. I've never run a forum, so it really is a guess. Can anyone comment on this? Are you using the bronze platform? What's your volume like?

How's the HTML interface on mobile devices (iPhone)?

Also, I read some stuff on one of the posts here about lots of spam. We want to make sure EVERY user is approved by a moderator before they can join and the forum and access ANY content (read access as well as write). Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Wow! it took almost a minute for that to post. Why is it so slow? Is this typical?

Comment

We have a large number of subscribers to the sales forum, so posting takes longer. We're currently aware of the issue and working on resolving it in the next version or two.

Yes, you can make sure every single user who has access to the board is approved. However only administrators can do this directly(the approval).

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        We have a large number of subscribers to the sales forum, so posting takes longer. We're currently aware of the issue and working on resolving it in the next version or two.

Yes, you can make sure every single user who has access to the board is approved. However only administrators can do this directly(the approval).

Thanks Zachery

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post

Can I make all the content completely private (i.e. you cannot see anything without login and it will not be indexed by search engines?

Comment

Yes you can be private. Users will basically get nothing until they log in.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
              Yes you can be private. Users will basically get nothing until they log in.
              Thanks Joe, So I signed up and have been through all settings. I can't find where I set the two following items:

User registrations must be approved by a moderator
              ALL forums are private until you are logged in.

Could you give me a hint where these settings are?

Thanks

Mark

Comment

I responded to your support thread, lets follow up there

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X