Will vb5 CMS be a separate product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will vb5 CMS be a separate product?

Just curious. If I buy a vb5 license now will that include access to the future CMS for vb5, or will I need to buy that upgrade in addition to the base vb5?

The actual information is, that your vB5 license will include access to the future CMS and that there will be no extra fee.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Excellent to know! Thank you

Comment

Any time frame? I can not install VB5 until I have this function. That would loose major board functionality.

Comment

We have no dates at this time, sorry. As soon as we do, we'll announce this.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by cwbullet2 View Post
            Any time frame? I can not install VB5 until I have this function. That would loose major board functionality.
            Some months ago somewhere IB management said that the CMS will not be ready before vB 5.1.0, so it will probably take at least about a year from now until the CMS is being released.

Comment

• jdj
              jdj commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm just looking back to see what's going on having seen the email announcing the latest version. Bottom line appears to be still no date for the CMS and I am assuming still no date for the calendar. "...at least a year from now" would be hugely disappointing.

While "Not before 5.1.0" is accurate, it should be noted that it doesn't necessarily mean there will be a 5.0.8, 5.0.9, and then 5.1.0. We may stop 5.0.x series before 5.0.9, or it may go to 5.0.10 and 5.0.11 - I do not know one way or the other.

Just wanted to be clear that 5.0.9 may never happen and if it does the next release may not be 5.1.0. They are unrelated.

Comment