Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the price increase?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will the price increase?

    There are questions about the price decreasing, but none about it increasing - I for one am more than happy with the price the software is at the moment.

    So, do I need to treat myself on payday, or if I wait until mid-January will the price still be what it is today and can you guarantee that?

    Thanks.

  • #2
    I don't foresee any price increases at this time.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

    Comment


    • #3
      Can I ask then Wayne, what is the incentive to now upgrade and not wait until Gold? Sorry to sound negative it just doesn't make business sense to me.
      Holiday Forum
      Motor Car Forum
      Political Forum
      Web Hosting Forum

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by stevectaylor View Post
        Can I ask then Wayne, what is the incentive to now upgrade and not wait until Gold? Sorry to sound negative it just doesn't make business sense to me.
        There were discounts previously from the current price. They have now expired, as far as I know.

        Add-on developers and theme developers need early versions to prepare for new releases of their products.,

        End users probably have no reason to upgrade at this point before vBulletin 5 Gold or later.
        Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
        Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          I don't foresee any price increases at this time.

          Thank you for your response. May I ask why the lisence is considerably cheaper then? I know the publishing suite had "that much more" for v4, and that it's now an "old" version, but I assume v5 is going to have these features and the price is considerably cheaper compared, to the point where I'm glad I held back buying v4 a few months ago and would have been quite annoyed if I had if you know what I mean.

          I'm considering getting a lisence this Tuesday, but if I can't it'll be January/February and if the price increases I don't know if I'd be so willing to pay.

          Sorry to dig at what you said, but you say "at this time" - do you know how long that would be? Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by stevectaylor View Post
            Can I ask then Wayne, what is the incentive to now upgrade and not wait until Gold? Sorry to sound negative it just doesn't make business sense to me.
            If you plan to upgrade than purchase when the software is up to your needs. There doesn't need to be an incentive to purchase now or wait until you're ready.

            Not sure how ongoing sales over the life of the software isn't good business. We don't expect everyone to run out and buy it the day it is made available.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cable Player View Post
              Thank you for your response. May I ask why the lisence is considerably cheaper then?
              I am not in the business team but there are many reasons price changes. In the short run, they felt that $249.00 was the proper price for a new license.
              Translations provided by Google.

              Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

              Comment


              • #8
                tank you

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  I don't foresee any price increases at this time.


                  I'm sorry, my reponse didn't post for some reason.

                  Sorry to dig at what you say, but you say "at this time" - does that mean you don't see it increasing at the moment (over the next couple of months) or at the moment you don't see the price increasing (at all) if that makes any sense?
                  Thanks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    At the moment, we do not see the cost of a license increasing at all.
                    Aakif Nazir

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thank you, I should be purchasing a licence in the next few hours!

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X