Will the price increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the price increase?

There are questions about the price decreasing, but none about it increasing - I for one am more than happy with the price the software is at the moment.

So, do I need to treat myself on payday, or if I wait until mid-January will the price still be what it is today and can you guarantee that?

Thanks.

I don't foresee any price increases at this time.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Can I ask then Wayne, what is the incentive to now upgrade and not wait until Gold? Sorry to sound negative it just doesn't make business sense to me.
      Holiday Forum
      Motor Car Forum
      Political Forum
      Web Hosting Forum

Comment

Originally posted by stevectaylor View Post
        Can I ask then Wayne, what is the incentive to now upgrade and not wait until Gold? Sorry to sound negative it just doesn't make business sense to me.
        There were discounts previously from the current price. They have now expired, as far as I know.

Add-on developers and theme developers need early versions to prepare for new releases of their products.,

End users probably have no reason to upgrade at this point before vBulletin 5 Gold or later.
        Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
        Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

Thank you for your response. May I ask why the lisence is considerably cheaper then? I know the publishing suite had "that much more" for v4, and that it's now an "old" version, but I assume v5 is going to have these features and the price is considerably cheaper compared, to the point where I'm glad I held back buying v4 a few months ago and would have been quite annoyed if I had if you know what I mean.

I'm considering getting a lisence this Tuesday, but if I can't it'll be January/February and if the price increases I don't know if I'd be so willing to pay.

Sorry to dig at what you said, but you say "at this time" - do you know how long that would be? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stevectaylor View Post
            If you plan to upgrade than purchase when the software is up to your needs. There doesn't need to be an incentive to purchase now or wait until you're ready.

Not sure how ongoing sales over the life of the software isn't good business. We don't expect everyone to run out and buy it the day it is made available.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Cable Player View Post
              Thank you for your response. May I ask why the lisence is considerably cheaper then?
              I am not in the business team but there are many reasons price changes. In the short run, they felt that $249.00 was the proper price for a new license.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

tank you

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

I'm sorry, my reponse didn't post for some reason.

Sorry to dig at what you say, but you say "at this time" - does that mean you don't see it increasing at the moment (over the next couple of months) or at the moment you don't see the price increasing (at all) if that makes any sense?
                  Thanks

Comment

At the moment, we do not see the cost of a license increasing at all.
                    Aakif Nazir

Comment

Thank you, I should be purchasing a licence in the next few hours!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X