Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using vBulletin in China

Hello
    I am located in China. I recently had some problems requesting a new password to a vbulletin forum. The Re-captcha did not appear because I think it was being blocked by China. China blocks a lot of Google services. Do I have to use Re-captcha on my forum if I purchase your software?

Also, how does someone request a new password? I found it very difficult to figure out.

Dustin

vBulletin has 3 built in "Human Verification" options, ReCaptcha is the only one that relies on outside servers. You can also choose "Question and Answer" which is the recommended option these days, and a built in image verification as well.

Neither of those require access to any 3rd party sites so they wouldn't be blocked.

By default on a VB site if you enter a wrong password, the next page will have another username/password challenge... If you read the text, under "vBulletin Message" you see:

You have entered an invalid username or password. Please enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

Clicking on 'here" will bring you to the URL where you can request a password reset.

If you purchase your own forum you can edit your header template (or any other one) to make the link more prominent if you desire.

Comment