Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to acquire a vBulletin license... Have a few questions beforehand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to acquire a vBulletin license... Have a few questions beforehand.

So I had a forum handed to me by an administrator, however, it's still using their vBulletin license. Therefore, I am the sole admin, but the license and url and whatnot are still under the name of those that handed it over to me. Recently, I've been trying to get my hands on another copy of vBulletin 3.8 because my memberbase have a general disliking towards vBulletin 4 and 5, and I want to no longer use the current license as they're planning on using it on another site.

So, after reading this thread, from what I am gathering, if I buy a license for vBulletin 4, I'll still be able to download vBulletin 3.8 and the latest security updates? I want to be 100% clear, as I want to get 3.8, and not any of the newer versions. I know they're recommended, but it's the members that don't like it, and even some of my staff.

We only ever sell the current version of the software, which is currently vBulletin 5 beta. You'll have access to vBulletin 4, or vBulletin 3, and vbulletin 2, if you were so crazy.

Comment

Well, 2 is definitely out of the question xD

Anyways, yeah. That's really good to know. This pretty much answers all my questions. Thanks!

Comment

@OP

You don't need to purchase a vB5 Connect license to access it either. You can easily source a valid license from third party for much much cheaper. Just be wary of who you deal with. Websites such as webhostingtalk will have people trustable. Preferably use someone with a high post count there.
        http://www.unrealkillers.com | unrealtournament 1999 | siege | combogib | bunnytrack | instagib ctf

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X